Welcome to the Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency's page, your hub for events and essential information! Here, you'll find everything you need to stay informed and engaged. Explore upcoming events, access valuable resources, and connect with us to make the most of your experience.
Information for February
- AEA Learning Online- A list of high school courses that are self-paced, without direct teacher instruction. This means students can complete the work at their own pace and are required to read and comprehend the content on their own. It is important (read more here).
- Implementing Supplemental & Intensive Tiers for Student Success- Is your school improvement team or leadership team wanting to best serve students receiving supplemental and intensive instruction? Join us (read more here)
- Write on Time Literacy News- This month's edition of Write on Time you'll find the following (read more here)
- Harnessing AI in Special Education: A Four Part Series- Check out this engaging four-part webinar series, tailored exclusively for special educators interested in incorporating Generative AI into their instructional methods. These interactive webinars (read more here)
- Numeracy Project 2.0 Material Kits- If you are trained in Numeracy Project 2.0, Prairie Lakes AEA Creative Services has Stage Material Kits. (Learn more here)
- District Career & Academic Planning (DCAP Workshops)- Districts' DCAP teams are invited to participate in one of the upcoming DCAP Workshops organized by Prairie Lakes AEA. This is an opportunity to learn about DCAP components, (read more here)
- STEM Scale-Up Application Workshop- The NW STEM region and Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency are hosting a STEM Scale-Up application Workshop. Learn about the Scale-Up programs, ask questions, (read more here)
- "Spirit of Water" Essay Contest- The Spirit of Water essay contest was established and is funded through a generous gift from Betty and Dennis Keeney, formerly of Ames. (read more here)
- 2024-25 District PD Needs Assessment- PLAEA is actively seeking information on the learning needs of district staff. This data will play a crucial role in shaping PLAEA's professional development, (read more here)
- Book Study: Distinguishing Between Disability & Language Acquisition- Do you find challenges with distinguishing between disability and language acquisition? Join us to engage in a book and implementation study of ELL expert, Steve Gill (learn more here)
- Registration Now Open: No Limits Conference 2024- Registration is now open for the No Limits Conference! The No limits Conference 2024 is the fist summer education conference hosted by PLAEA and NWAEA. No limits will be held (read more here)