Click here for a quick search of statewide professional development. Select Prairie Lakes AEA to find classes offered in this area.
HOW DO I LOG IN?
- Go to https://aealearning.truenorthlogic.com/
- Your login information is the same email and password that you use when logging into the AEA Training site (Mandatory Reporter, Bloodborne Pathogens, self-paced classes, etc)
- Participants creating a new account will not be able to register or view courses until the next business day
- Please contact email@example.com if you need help with your password
HOW DO I SEARCH FOR A COURSE?
- Login and click on 'Courses' in the top bar
- You will have the option to Search, Show All, or Advanced Search
- To view courses offered by Prairie Lakes AEA, click on Search - then refine by selecting Prairie Lakes under AEA on the left side bar. (All PLAEA Courses will have the letters 'PL' before or following the course number)
- Scroll to find the course/section and click register (double check the location and date are correct before registering)
- Accept the disclaimer
- Enter payment information-credit card or purchase order number
HOW DO I PAY FOR A COURSE?
- The new registration system accepts two forms of payment: Purchase Orders and Credit Cards
- Please email Carrie Guerin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance
Through Prairie Lakes AEA:
- Paraeducator Generalist 1 classes starting September 11. Click here for more information. Registration deadline is September 3, 2021
- Human Relations course offered with Drake University. Click here for more information.
BoEE Updates – Click here to view the July 2021 BoEE Newsletter
Click here to view February 2021 BoEE Newsletter
Click here to view November 2020 BoEE Newsletter
Through our Partners:
- Follow this link for a complete listing of our online courses: Online courses for teachers
- Courses for Coaches and Physical Educators (Online and Video Correspondence)
- Video correspondence courses specific to classroom teachers – Select topic areas include: Classroom Management and Discipline, Teaching Strategies, Responsibility and Relationships, and Differentiated Instruction.
- FAQ’s for students
Morningside College. Click here to view information.
Resources & Information
Evaluator Information Training Information
Online Courses and Information
Policies and Procedures
Prairie Lakes AEA Professional Development Cancellation Policy
Paraeducators as Substitutes: Paraeducators that hold a Generalist I Certification AND hold a Substitute Authorization License can substitute teach in the special education classroom to which they are assigned. The special education classroom may be in the elementary, middle, junior high or high school level.
Professional Development Vision - Quality Professional Development at Prairie Lakes AEA is based on collaborative partnerships that focus on improved learning and achievement for all. By operating as a high-performing learning community, everyone is empowered to solve problems through supportive relationships that challenge thinking in creative ways. We are committed to efficient processes which effectively meet on-going, evolving needs.