Join us for interactive English Learner (EL) Networking Meetings, designed to empower educators with a comprehensive understanding of effective EL programming. This unique opportunity will bring together educators invested in EL education to share insights, strategies, and best practices for supporting English Learners inside and outside of the classroom. Participants will have the opportunity to meet both in person and via Zoom throughout the 2023-2024 school year.
Location: PLAEA Pocahontas Office, 500 NE 6th St., Pocahontas, IA
- September 26th, 2023
- January 16th, 2024.
Dates & Topics:
- September 6th, 2023: Important Dates and Effective Programming
- October 4th, 2023: LAU Plans and Sharing of EL Resources
- November 1st, 2023: Title III Funds
- December 6th, 2023: Family Engagement
- January 3rd, 2024: Supporting Classroom Teachers
- February 7th, 2024: Advocating for Undocumented Students and Families
- March 6th, 2024: ELPA 21 Wrap-up & Statewide Testing Accommodations
- April 3rd:, 2024: Evaluating EL Programming Effectiveness
- May 1st, 2024: Interpreting and Utilizing ELPA 21 Data
- June 5th, 2024: Title III Funds Reflection and Future Planning