The Iowa Council for Social Studies (ICSS) is looking to provide Iowa teachers with outstanding Social Studies Professional Development. To make this happen, they need talented presenters and they are asking for presenters from Prairie Lakes AEA! The theme this year is "Standing up for Social Studies" and subthemes include:
- Developing questions and planning inquiries
- Assessing for learning
- Evaluating sources and using evidence
- Communicating conclusions and taking informed action
- Integrating Technology for the Social Studies classroom
- Thinking like a... (Economist, Historian, Political Scientist, Geographer...)
If you are interested, or know someone that would be, please use the following link and submit a presentation proposal.