Are you interested in engaging your K-8 teachers in learning more about the Science of Reading and what that means for how you teach reading in your K-8 classroom! Below is the process to learn more about LETRS and how to register for this amazing learning opportunity during the 2023-24 school year.
Here is the process you will engage in to learn more about LETRS and eventually (if interested) sign up!
1. Reach out to your School Improvement Facilitator assigned to your district and they can give you an overview of LETRS.
2. If still interested and wanting more information, interested parties can join an informational Zoom meeting on Feb 15th @ 9:00 where I will be available to give an overview of the process to get signed up and answer any other questions.
3. Districts complete the Google Form Interest Survey to indicate their desire to move forward with LETRS training during the 2023-24 school year by Feb 24, 2023.
4. Interested districts will be sent a Memorandum of Agreement by PLAEA by March 17, 2023.
5. By April 3rd districts sign and return the Memorandum of Agreement to PLAEA.
6. PLAEA will sign and return the Memorandum of Agreement to the district.
1. PLAEA will provide onsite LETRS training during a district’s PD days as long as there is a minimum of 15 participants.
2. PLAEA will have a limited capacity to provide onsite LETRS training during district PD times. We will do everything we can to meet the demand of the training. If interested after the above deadlines, it will depend on our capacity. Priority will be given to those districts who have their signed Memorandum of Agreement turned in by the March 17th deadline.
3. PLAEA will offer one license renewal credit for the End of the Unit trainings provided by PLAEA. The district can write an additional syllabus for the online module work that teachers will be engaging in prior to the End of the Unit Trainings.