Statewide Registration System Update
Iowa’s nine AEAs and AEA PD Online are collaborating to move our individual professional development/licensure programs to a statewide PD system. The AEA System plans to partner with Performance Matters (TrueNorthLogic) for its registration system. Click here for more information.
Through Prairie Lakes AEA:
- Substitute Authorization class on February 10 and 24 is FULL. Contact Carrie Kee at email@example.com to be added to the waiting list. Updated 1/23/2017
- Paraeducator Generalists 1 Certification classes scheduled to begin on January 6. Click here for more information and registration. Updated 10/26/2017
- Blank Park Zoo Professional Development Opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Human Relations course offered with Drake University. Click here for more information.
BoEE Updates – Click here to view the December 2017 BoEE Newsletter
Through our Partners:
- Drake University Spring 2018 Online classes. Click here to view information. Updated 11/1/2017
- Morningside College. Click here to view information.
Resources & Information
Evaluator Information Training Information
Online Courses and Information
Mentoring and Induction
Policies and Procedures
PLAEA Professional Development Registration form for courses- Click here to download a copy.
How to register online- Click here for information.
Searching for PLAEA classes - Click here to view instructions.
Prairie Lakes AEA Professional Development Cancellation Policy
Paraeducators as Substitutes: Paraeducators that hold a Generalist I Certification AND hold a Substitute Authorization License can substitute teach in the special education classroom to which they are assigned. The special education classroom may be in the elementary, middle, junior high or high school level.
Professional Development Vision - Quality Professional Development at Prairie Lakes AEA is based on collaborative partnerships that focus on improved learning and achievement for all. By operating as a high-performing learning community, everyone is empowered to solve problems through supportive relationships that challenge thinking in creative ways. We are committed to efficient processes which effectively meet on-going, evolving needs.