Statewide Registration System Update
Iowa’s nine AEAs and AEA PD Online are collaborating to move our individual professional development/licensure programs to a statewide PD system. The AEA System plans to partner with Performance Matters (TrueNorthLogic) for its registration system. Click here for more information.
Through Prairie Lakes AEA:
- Paraeducator Generalists 1 Certification classes scheduled to begin on September 23. Click here for more information and registration. Updated 8/29/2017
- Blank Park Zoo Professional Development Opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Substitute Authorization Training-CLASS IS FULL!
- STEM in Context: Agriculture, Conservation and Energy. Click here for more information.
- Kirkwood Community College will offer Areas of Concentration for Paraeducators in ESL; and Career and Transition. Click here to view information for ESL. Click here to view information for Career and Transition. Updated 3/30/2017
- Human Relations course offered with Drake University. Click here for more information.
BoEE Updates – May 2017
New Online Licensing System
Submit applications 6-8 weeks prior to an expiration date (or prior to when a new license is needed). Background checks can take 4-6 weeks, in addition to the time our office needs to process the request. Educators cannot remain in the classroom, even if their materials have been submitted, if their license expires.
All fees are non-refundable as per Iowa Administrative Code 282—12.7(272). Do not submit payment unless you are certain your application and fees are correct. Only select the license type you need (do not select additional licenses or you will be charged).
The last step of any application is to click the “submit application” button. This is typically the page after submitting payment. We will not receive your application unless you click “submit application”.
Transcripts must say “official transcript” or “issued to student”. When uploading documents, make sure they are clearly readable. We will not accept unofficial transcripts.
Background Check Fees
Pursuant to 282-20.3(3), the background check fee for the renewal of licenses will be $10 as of July 1, 2017
Through our Partners:
- Drake University Online classes. Click here to view information.
- Morningside College. Click here to view information.
|License Renewal||Mandatory Trainings||Paraeducator Information||Substitute Authorization|
|Online Courses and Information||Mentoring and Induction||Policies and Procedures|
Resources & Information
PLAEA Professional Development Registration form for courses- Click here to download a copy.
How to register online- Click here for information.
Searching for PLAEA classes - Click here to view instructions.
Prairie Lakes AEA 8 Professional Development Cancellation Policy
Paraeducators as Substitutes: Paraeducators that hold a Generalist I Certification AND hold a Substitute Authorization License can substitute teach in the special education classroom to which they are assigned. The special education classroom may be in the elementary, middle, junior high or high school level.
Our mission is to ensure success for all learners through collaborative partnerships.
Professional Development Vision - Quality Professional Development at Prairie Lakes AEA is based on collaborative partnerships that focus on improved learning and achievement for all. By operating as a high-performing learning community, everyone is empowered to solve problems through supportive relationships that challenge thinking in creative ways. We are committed to efficient processes which effectively meet on-going, evolving needs.