New statewide AEA PD registration system is on the horizon!
Iowa’s AEAs and AEA Learning Online have been collaborating to move our individual professional development and licensure registration systems to a statewide professional learning registration system. Having one registration system will provide participants with a much larger offering of professional learning activities through a statewide catalog. It also creates greater equity and consistency in programming and resources to help support quality professional development and licensure programming.
View All Offerings That Are Available Statewide
Individuals who use the system will be able to see all courses and activities that are available across the state. Users may search by specific courses, topics, location and more.
Instructors Will Find a User Friendly System
There are system enhancements for instructors! Once an instructor enters a course in the system, they don’t have to repeat that process again. They simply enter a new section for that activity. That includes the syllabus. Once a syllabus is approved, it’s valid across all AEAs!
All Completed Courses Will be in One Transcript
In the new system, there will be one common transcript that shows all courses taken by an individual, including courses from AEA Learning Online. Anything that the individual has taken from an Iowa AEA will show up in one document. Users will be able to print their own transcripts and receipts for tax purposes.
Split the Payments!
Split payment options for credit cards and/or purchase orders will be available in the new system.
Login is Easy and Familiar
Users of the new system will log in using their existing email and password that they use to login to take AEA Learning Online courses as well as Mandatory Reporter and Bloodborne Pathogens trainings.
In the coming days, expect to see more information and updates through various AEA communication channels. If you have any immediate questions, contact Linda Ankeny.
Through Prairie Lakes AEA:
- Paraeducator Generalists 1 Certification summer classes. Class has been cancelled. Updated 6/5/2018
- Substitute Authorization class April 7 and 21 (snow day-April 28). Click here for registration information. Updated 2/27/2018
- Blank Park Zoo Professional Development Opportunities. Click here for more information.
- Human Relations course offered with Drake University. Click here for more information.
BoEE Updates – Click here to view the February 2018 BoEE Newsletter
Through our Partners:
- Online Course Registration Starts April 2: Registration for Drake University Continuing Education and Professional Development online courses starts April 2. Follow this link for a complete listing of our summer online courses: Online courses for teachers
- Courses for Coaches and Physical Educators (Online and Video Correspondence)
- Video correspondence courses specific to classroom teachers – Select topic areas include: Classroom Management and Discipline, Teaching Strategies, Responsibility and Relationships, and Differentiated Instruction.
- FAQ’s for students
Morningside College. Click here to view information.
Resources & Information
Evaluator Information Training Information
Online Courses and Information
Mentoring and Induction
Policies and Procedures
PLAEA Professional Development Registration form for courses- Click here to download a copy.
How to register online- Click here for information.
Searching for PLAEA classes - Click here to view instructions.
Prairie Lakes AEA Professional Development Cancellation Policy
Paraeducators as Substitutes: Paraeducators that hold a Generalist I Certification AND hold a Substitute Authorization License can substitute teach in the special education classroom to which they are assigned. The special education classroom may be in the elementary, middle, junior high or high school level.
Professional Development Vision - Quality Professional Development at Prairie Lakes AEA is based on collaborative partnerships that focus on improved learning and achievement for all. By operating as a high-performing learning community, everyone is empowered to solve problems through supportive relationships that challenge thinking in creative ways. We are committed to efficient processes which effectively meet on-going, evolving needs.