- Assessment & Data
- Challenging Behavior
- English Learners/Title III
- Gifted & Talented
- Social, Emotional, Behavioral Health
- Iowa Core
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Postsecondary Readiness - Future Ready
- School Improvement
- Social Studies
- Technology Innovation
More About PBIS
Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports (PBIS) is a system for creating and sustaining a positive school climate by achieving important social and learning outcomes. Implementation of PBIS enables schools to: establish a positive behavioral culture in which all students can experience success, reduce behavioral disruptions in the school, and create a safe and effective learning environment to enhance student achievement.
The focus of PBIS is to invest in prevention using strategies that include:
- Clearly defining the behaviors expected in all school settings.
- Actively teaching students the expected behaviors and purposefully modeling expectations.
- Using a system to acknowledge students' appropriate behavior.
- Establishing corrective procedures that are consistent across school settings for disruptive behaviors.
- Providing additional support for students with more intensive social and behavioral needs.
- Using a data collection system to help guide decision-making.
- Utilizing student voice to positively impact the climate and culture.