- Assessment & Data
- Challenging Behavior
- Early Childhood/Preschool
- English Learners/Title III
- Gifted & Talented
- Social, Emotional, Behavioral Health
- Iowa Core
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Postsecondary Readiness - Future Ready
- School Counselors
- School Improvement
- School Technology Services
- Social Studies
- Technology Integration & Innovation
Winter Progress Monitoring & Instructional Strategies for 2.OA.2
Add and subtract within 20.
Fluently add and subtract within 20 using mental strategies. By end of grade 2, know from memory all sums of two one-digit numbers.
Consider targeted instruction if student cannot fluently add and subtract within 20.
Progress Monitoring: Ask students add/subtract problems within 20.
Second Grade Counting
Number Talks by Sherry Parrish, Chapter 4: How Do I Design Purposeful Number Talks for the K-2 Classroom? Categories: Doubles/Near Doubles; Making Tens; Making Landmark or Friendly Numbers; Breaking Each Number into its Place Value
Teaching Student-centered Mathematics, by John Van De Walle: Chapter 4: Helping Children Master the Basic Facts