- Assessment & Data
- Challenging Behavior
- Early Childhood/Preschool
- English Learners/Title III
- Gifted & Talented
- Iowa Core
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Postsecondary Readiness - Future Ready
- School Counselors
- School Improvement
- School Technology Services
- Social-Emotional-Behavioral Health
- Social Studies
- Technology Integration & Innovation
Winter Progress Monitoring & Instructional Strategies for 2.OA.1
Represent and solve problems involving addition and subtraction.
Standard 2.OA.A.1: Use addition and subtraction within 100 to solve one and two-step word problems involving situations of adding to, taking from, putting together, taking apart, and comparing, with unknowns in all positions, eg.,by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem
Consider for targeted instruction if students cannot use multiple strategies to solve one-step word problems within 100 as explained in Iowa Core Table 1.
Progress Monitoring: Pose add/subtract problems for students to solve. Refer to IA Core Table 1. NOTE: only choose numbers within the student’s counting range, and we are not testing reading so problems can be read to student. Manipulatives are allowed.