- Assessment & Data
- Challenging Behavior
- Early Childhood/Preschool
- English Learners/Title III
- Gifted & Talented
- Social, Emotional, Behavioral Health
- Iowa Core
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Postsecondary Readiness - Future Ready
- School Counselors
- School Improvement
- School Technology Services
- Social Studies
- Technology Integration & Innovation
Winter Progress Monitoring and Instructional Strategies for K.OA.1
Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
1. Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations. (K.OA.1.)
Pose "add to" and "take from" action problems to solve. Pose these types of problems as found in Table 1 of Iowa Core.
Note: Only Choose numbers within the student's counting range, and we are not testing reading so problems can be read to student. Manipulatives are allowed.
Van de Walle activity from PreK-2 Addition and Subtraction activity Built It in Parts Equations