- Assessment & Data
- Challenging Behavior
- Early Childhood/Preschool
- English Learners/Title III
- Gifted & Talented
- Iowa Core
- Non Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Postsecondary Readiness - Future Ready
- School Counselors
- School Improvement
- School Technology Services
- Social-Emotional-Behavioral Health
- Social Studies
- Technology Integration & Innovation
Winter Kindergarten Progress Monitoring and Instructional Strategies for K.CC.1
Know number names and the count sequence. (K.CC.1)
Count to 100 by ones and by tens. (K.CC.1.)
Ask to count starting at 1 record where stops.
Number Talks Activity:
Count Around: Arrange students in a circle. One child says “one”, the child to the left says, “two”, continue around the circle. Continue until you reach the number 50.
Choral Counting: Starting with the number one, have all students in the room count to 50. Teacher may wish to point to the numbers on a hundreds chart or a number line as the students say them aloud.
Kathy Richardson:Developing Number Concepts: Book 1
Counting, Comparing, and Pattern Read: Chapter 1