- Assessment & Data
- Challenging Behavior
- English Learners/Title III
- Gifted & Talented
- Social, Emotional, Behavioral Health
- Iowa Core
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Postsecondary Readiness - Future Ready
- School Improvement
- Social Studies
- Technology Innovation
Winter Program Monitoring and Instructional Strategies for 5.NBT.1
Student cannot explain why the relationship between digits as getting 10 times smaller from left to right (including decimals) (5.NBT.1)
Recognize that in a multi-digit number, a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represents in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left. (5.NBT.A.1)
- When providing the student with a number with 3-4 digits, with varying placement of the decimal. Have the student read the numbers as well as identify why the values of the number differ, based upon the location of the decimals. (ie.. 3457 vs 34.57).
- Understanding Numbers, Decimals by Kathy Richardson, Math Perspectives- Activity, “Change it”.