- Assessment & Data
- Challenging Behavior
- English Learners/Title III
- Gifted & Talented
- Social, Emotional, Behavioral Health
- Iowa Core
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Postsecondary Readiness - Future Ready
- School Improvement
- Social Studies
- Technology Innovation
Spring Progress Monitoring and Instructional Strategies for 5.NBT.7
Students cannot add/subtract/multiply/divide decimals to the hundredths using multiple strategies.
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method and explain the reasoning used. (5.NBT.7)
- Provide student with a variety of problem types involving decimals and note their solution strategies.
- Number Talks by Sherry Parish. Adapt numbers to include decimals for number choices.
- Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics (Grades 3-5) by John Van de Walle. Chapter 7, “Where does the Decimal go?”