- Assessment & Data
- Challenging Behavior
- English Learners/Title III
- Gifted & Talented
- Social, Emotional, Behavioral Health
- Iowa Core
- Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports
- Postsecondary Readiness - Future Ready
- School Improvement
- Social Studies
- Technology Innovation
Progress Monitoring and Instructional Strategies for Fall 5.NBT.3
Student cannot compare numbers (including decimals). (5NBT.3)
Read, write, and compare decimals to thousanths.
a. Read and write decimals to thousandths using base-ten numberals, number names, and expanded form, e.g., 347.392 = 3 x 100 + 4 x 10 + 7 x 1 + 3 x (1/10) + 9 x (1/100) + 2 x (1/1000).
b. Compare two decimals to thoursandths based on meanings of the digits in each place, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
- Providing student with various number choice that include decimals and have them put them in order from least to greatest and justify their thinking.
- Have student compare the vale 2 different numbers with decimals with which is greater/less than and have them explain reasoning.
- Understanding Numbers, Decimals by Kathy Richardson, Math Perspectives- Activity, “What’s it Worth Decimals?