- Courses & Registration
- Mandatory & Non-Mandatory Trainings
- Statewide AEA Online Classes
- PLAEA Resources
- Evaluator Training Information
- Paraeducator Certification & Information
- Contact Information
- Zoom into Special Education
Planning Professional Development
Using the Iowa Professional Development Model for designing research-based professional development programs, Prairie Lakes AEA staff will assist your district or organization with the process of planning, aligning resources, and supporting a program of learning for general and special educators.
Professional educators now have the opportunity to earn credits toward their license renewal and, at the same time, focus on improving teaching and learning within their own school. Learning Teams and Classes can be developed to begin and end anytime during the school year or in the summer. Contact the School Improvement Consultant assigned to your district to initiate the process, or contact the Professional Development Office. For a quick start refer to resources below:
Setting up a class or learning team
- When you are ready to create the course syllabus, follow the Create an Instructor Led Course as a resource.
- Due to new federal guidelines for graduate credit, different universities have different criteria that must be met. Please see the guidance to meet that criteria.
Webinars are also available in mini-modules listed below. Click on any topic you want to listen and view more information. Turn on and adjust computer sound levels before initiating a webinar. If you are having technical difficulty, check with the technology specialist in your organization for assistance.