*Cohort 15 which is scheduled to begin in April 2017 is full. You are welcome to complete an application and be considered for the next cohort, which is targeted to begin in 2019.
The first step in the candidate selection process is completion of the application. Evidence listed below is also required. It can be attached to email or please send link to the folder available in Google, Dropbox or online storage area.
- Letter, using the Iowa Standards for School Leaders,describing your strengths and potential as a school building leader.
- Copy of transcript indicating a master's degree.
- Copy of current valid Iowa teaching license.
- Two letters of recommendation (superintendent and one other administrator) which focuses on your potential to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and dispositions of the Iowa Standards for School Leaders.
- Current resume indicating degrees, work history, work in school teams/committees, personal professional development, including three references representing current and past supervisors. (Please note this at the bottom of your resume.)
A minimum of four years successful teaching experience is required. An interview with the Program Director and Advisory Board Interview Team may also be required. If a candidate is deemed unacceptable for the program, he/she may appeal in writing to the Program Director and additional interviews with the Executive Committee may be set.
All materials should be sent to:
Attention: Donna Bryan
500 NE 6th St.
Pocahontas, IA 50574
In Iowa Toll-free phone: 866-540-3858 ext. 6029
Questions and materials can also be emailed to Donna at email@example.com
If you're interested in joining a cohort through Keystone AEA, click here.