PLAEA hosts Emergency Operations Planning workshop
The Iowa Department of Education is hosting an all-day workshop to help schools develop high quality plans that cover active shooter and natural disaster events. This was passed into law in Senate File 2364 requiring all K-12 schools in Iowa to write plans that help prepare for these events.
This free workshop will cover the following:
- The new legislation, what it requires, when it is due.
- Schools will identify who at each school is going to develop these plans.
- Workshop will focus on the specific planning elements required.
- Attendees will learn how to form a planning team, inviting stakeholders to help.
- REMS/TA: Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools/Technical Assistance: plan format, resources for schools, Run/Hide/Fight.
- Walk through the PTER Preparedness Cycle: Plan, Train, Exercise, Repeat.
- Share the monthly follow-on schedule to help attendees stay on track and have a plan by June 30, 2019.
This training will be held from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Sept. 5 at the Prairie Lakes AEA office in Pocahontas. Anyone who will be developing these plans, or has a role to play in these emergencies is encouraged to attend this workshop. Click here to register.