Support system for instructional coaches
The Teacher Leader Support System is a comprehensive statewide effort coordinated across AEAs to develop not only important teacher leader skills and competencies through evidence-based professional learning, but also build district leadership capacity to reach identified TLC goals and outcomes.
What makes it a System of Support?
Districts receive access and support for the following key components of a high quality coaching program designed for impact.
- Kiano: Online data collection system
- Collaborative online tools to support individual and team instructional coaching sessions aligned to several common instructional frameworks
- Program Evaluation – multiple on-demand report functions for both coaches and district leaders to measure the implementation and impact of your TLC program
- Technical Support – ongoing implementation support from your AEA representative
- TLC Leadership Support/Consultation- Continuums of Instructional Coaching Program and Practice Standards to set goals for ongoing TLC program and coach development
- Recommendations for ongoing in-district instructional coach forums/PLCs to support implementation
- Professional Learning Series – Comprehensive (Year 1 and Year 2) and Special Topics (Year 2+) for coaches and other teacher leaders
What is the professional learning series?
This link provides descriptions.
Who supports PLAEA districts?
Jaymie Randel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Which PLAEA districts are participating?
Eagle Grove, East Sac County, Estherville Lincoln Central and South Central Calhoun. New districts are starting this fall.
For more information, please contact Jaymie Randel.