5 reasons you should take this course
- As educators we are responsible for supporting students becoming college and career ready.
- Teachers need practical strategies to engage and motivate students in ways that also prepares students to be college and career ready.
- Participants will engage in strategies that help them understand what students need to be college and career ready. By experiencing these strategies participants will be able to apply them in the content they teach.
- Participants will be able to help students understand the importance of developing college and career ready skills.
- Significant time will be provided for participants to design/redesign lessons using new strategies.
Since this course will be offered virtually the instructors will model strategies that work well in a virtual setting and the classroom. The course is offered from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on June 15, 18, and 19 with an hour for lunch each day. Plenty of movement and engagement opportunities will be included.
Participants can earn one hour license renewal credit. The cost for credit is $35. Register for the course, Strategies for Preparing Students to be College and Career Ready, Section 283149 by May 22 (Registration Directions)