Teacher Survey re: Practices in Creating Optimal Learning Environments for All Students
Why should a district consider this survey?
The practices assessed in the survey are relevant to all K-12 teachers in all content areas because they are not content or grade specific. The practices are based on research about characteristics that promote optimal learning environments for all students. The data could be used by building/district leadership teams to gather baseline data re: practices that promote positive social, emotional, and behavioral environments for all students. As a result, the data could be used to pinpoint learning opportunities and coaching supports that teachers may need.
PLAEA will use data from multiple districts to determine professional learning opportunities and supports that districts could utilize. .
How a district can move forward with administering the survey:
Consider the following steps:
- Review the survey to determine if this data would be helpful by taking the survey but not submitting it.
- If there is interest in giving the survey then share with staff what the survey assesses, why this information is important, and how the information will be used.
- Let Jaymie Randel, email@example.com, know when you plan to administer the survey.
- Once the survey is completed, Maurita Aubrey, firstname.lastname@example.org, will provide you with a report for your building/district.
- Both Jaymie or Maurita can meet with a leadership team to support the analysis of the data and plan next steps.
For more information, please contact Jaymie Randel, email@example.com.