What are the requirements to offer Teen MHFA in my high school?
The requirements to offer Teen MHFA in your high school are:
- At least 10% of your staff must be trained in YMHFA (more is preferred)
- You must train every student at the designated grade level (10th, 11th or 12th grade)
- The classroom where Teen MHFA is being taught must have 2 adults present, one trained as a certified Teen MHFA trainer
- Have a mental health professional available while the course is being taught
- A protocol for responding to participants in distress
- At the end of each class, an exit ticket must be administered and reviewed
For the 2020-2021 school year, Prairie Lakes AEA has seven schools offering Teen MHFA to at least one grade level (10,11,or 12) at their high school. If you would like to join this cohort of schools offering Teen MHFA or want more information on how to offer Teen MHFA in your high school, contact Kim Bodholdt, MHFA Coordinator at email@example.com.