A Financial Incentive Program for Iowa Teachers to Obtain a Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Endorsement #266
April 22, 2021
The Iowa Department of Education is accepting applications from motivated and dedicated teachers who are interested in making a positive impact on the education of children in Iowa who are deaf or hard of hearing. This financial incentive program is intended to support qualifying individuals in completing an accredited preparation program and become licensed in Iowa as a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (TDHH).
Recipients will qualify for up to 80 percent tuition reimbursement. Upon completion of a teacher preparation program and attainment of Iowa TDHH endorsement, award recipients will be expected to complete at least three years of employment within Iowa (local school district, Area Education Agency, or Iowa School for the Deaf) as a teacher serving students who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Applicants must already hold an active Iowa teaching license.
The financial incentive program committee will select recipients based on factors including:
- Current license, endorsements and degree
- Length of time to complete training program
- Educational needs of Iowa students
- Geographic location of students and flexibility of candidate to relocate
- Contact the Iowa Department of Education to receive current details and conduct a phone interview.
- Select and apply for a program. Do not apply for a program before contacting us.
- Present your program acceptance letter, course of study and tuition estimates.
Submit application materials to:
Tori Carsrud, Education Program Consultant - Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing
Iowa Department of Education
Grimes State Office Building
400 E. 14th Street