- Course Catalog (Generation Ready formerly Avatar)
- Mandatory & Non-Mandatory Trainings
- Statewide AEA Online Classes
- PLAEA Resources
- Evaluator Training Information
- Paraeducator Certification & Information
- Contact Information
- Mentoring and Induction
- PLAEA TV
Do you need more courses in order to renew your license? Click here for more information.
Standard and Master Educator Licenses can be renewed online. Licenses should be processed in two weeks using the online option. To renew a license via mail-in paper application, click here for the Licensure Renewal Forms from BOEE.
To request a transcript from:
- Drake - click here
- Morningside - click here
- Buena Vista University - click here
- Prairie Lakes AEA - Send a written request and a check or money order for $5 to the registrar. Include your name, address, social security number, and phone number in the request. Requests should be sent to:
Prairie Lakes AEA 8
1235 5th Avenue South
Fort Dodge, Iowa 50501
Additional License Renewal Information
- Audit of renewals--10 percent of the renewal applications will be audited. If you renew online and receive an audit letter from the BOEE you have 30 days to send in all necessary paperwork to renew the appropriate license. False or incomplete information warrants a violation and a complaint will be issued against the person.
Background checks are being done for all license renewals using three registries: sex abuse, child abuse and dependent adult abuse.
- If the BOEE has your current e-mail address, a reminder will be sent 1 year and 1 month before the expiration of the current license.
Paraeducator certification is a process by which persons can obtain in-depth training, and be recognized for successful completion of that training, through a state-recognized program. Click here for more information.
Translating your Drake Transcript
What is the difference between Drake EDEX and EDMA?
Additional forms from the BOEE
How to Find Class(es) Taken in Avatar - click here