Free workshop focuses on autism
Autism: Interdisciplinary Approaches For School, Home, & Community will be held from 6:30-8 p.m. Nov. 20 at the PLAEA office in Storm Lake. Rachell-Swanson-Holm, Iowa Regional Autism Assistance Program Coordinator and the CDC’s Act Early Ambassador for Iowa will give the welcome and opening comments.
The objectives of this no-cost training include:
- Describe Iowa’s plan to improve services and supports for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
- Describe Iowa’s Regional Autism Assistance Program (RAP) and Learn the Signs. Act Early. Program.
- Identify evidence-based strategies to improve outcomes in school and at home for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Describe inclusion strategies for students with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Panel presenters include:
- Leslie Franzmeier-Autism Consultant
- Kris Taphorn-Special Education Consultant
- Karissa Walburg -Speech Pathologist
- Sara Westhoff-Speech Pathologist
- Marta Sandoval-Behavior Strategist
- Rebecca Bunnell-Family & Educator Partner
To register, please contact Rachell Swanson-Holm at email@example.com or 515-955-8326.